10 Diet Advices For Cancer Patients
Memorial Antalya Hospital, Department of Nutrition and Diet, Dietitian Berna Ertuğ explained how patients with cancer should take nourishment.
- At meals, vegetable-derived foods such as cereals, beans, vegetables, and fruits must be found.
- For protein needs, fish, lean meat, and chicken should consume one meal a day absolutely.
- Because dark colored items are rich in antioxidant resources, it is recommended to eat such foods frequently.
- In general, weight control with moderate diet is the basic rules of a healthy diet.
- 5 servings of seasonal fruits and vegetables should be consumed each day.
- You need to drink at least 2-3 liters per day.
- If diarrhea is present, it is necessary to avoid cucumber, chickpeas, kidney beans, lentils, cauliflower, and cabbage.
- If you suffer from mouth sores and swallowing difficulty, you should avoid from sour and acidic fruit juices like tomatoes (sauce or water), orange, lemon, grapefruit, raw and hard vegetables (like crackers, toast, bread crumbs) and salty foods.
- Raw meat products such as raw meatballs, raw bacon, salami should not be consumed.
- Instead of frying and roasting, methods such as boiling, grilling or baking in the oven should be preferred.
Acıbadem Kadıköy Hospital Nutrition and Diet Expert Evrim Demirel said that some rules must have strictly adhered when preparing salads.
To date, nicotine, which is considered to be the main risk factor for cancer, is now being replaced by obesity. Üsküdar University Faculty...