10 Nutrition Tips Reduce Reflux Complaints
Lifestyle changes and healthy eating play an important role in the treatment of reflux disease as well as drugs. Memorial Dicle Hospital Gastroenterology Department Specialist Dr. Remzi Beştaş, gave information about 10 nutrition tips that reduce reflux complaints.
- Beverages should be limited during the meal, should consume more often between meals.
- Alcohol consumption should be avoided or at least limited.
- Nutrients should not be swallowed as a whole but should be thoroughly chewed in the mouth.
- Reflux patients should avoid chewing gum. Because gum increases the amount of air ingested, which can lead to reflux complaints with gas.
- It should be seated in the upright position during the meal and the next 45 minutes after the meal.
- No food or drink other than water should be consumed at least 2-3 hours before sleep.
- The portions of the meals should be reduced from morning to evening.
- Especially spicy foods, fried foods, fatty and salty foods, chocolate, carbonated drinks, tomato juice, coffee, and tea should be limited.
- Fruits such as lemon, orange, mandarin and grapefruit and their ready-made or freshly squeezed juices should not be consumed.
- Smoking increases reflux complaints. Cigarette should not be used.
The skin, the body’s largest organ, is an important barrier for the protection of the internal system. Anadolu Medical Center Dermatol...
İstanbul Airport which will be the world’s largest and most modern airport when completed with 6 independent airfield, 500 aircraft c...