15 Important Recommendations For Patients With Diabetes
From Memorial Ataşehir Hospital Department of Nutrition and Diet, Dietitian Gözde Serin gave nutrition and lifestyle information to patients with diabetes about what to pay attention to November 14 World Diabetes Day.
- 3 main meals 3 snacks should be planned during the day. All food groups should be consumed on the nutrition program.
- 2-3 liters of water should be consumed a day.
- Should be avoided from sugar and sugary foods.
- Foods with high fiber content should be included in the daily diet.
- Physical activity should not be neglected.
- Should be preferred sour fruits instead of high sugar content fruits such as banana, fig, grape, melon, watermelon, mulberry, apricot.
- Instead of simple carbohydrates that rapidly raise blood sugar, complex carbohydrates that slowly raise blood sugar should be chosen. High-protein foods such as milk, yogurt, ayran, kefir, cheese, walnuts, nuts, and almonds should be consumed 15 minutes before eating carbohydrate-containing foods.
- Consumption of dry legumes such as chickpeas, lentils, beans should be increased.
- No more nuts than 2 walnuts or 10 hazelnuts per day should be consumed.
- Consumption of fried foods in oil, roast (meat-vegetable-pastry) and fatty sauce added foods should be avoided.
- Processed foods such as sausage, bacon, salami, and sausage should be avoided from giblets such as liver, brain, and kidney.
- Tail oil, inner oil, butter, margarine and all oily foods (fatty meats, cream, tahini, cream) must be removed from the diet.
- Very salty foods such as pickles, brine, canned, homemade salted pickles are not preferred.
- Should be kept away from the unknown ready-made foods.
- If the sweetener is used, the amount should be taken into consideration.
Acıbadem Kadıköy Hospital Nutrition and Diet Expert Evrim Demirel said that some rules must have strictly adhered when preparing salads.
Peach is a health store in terms of its various vitamins and minerals. Memorial Hizmet Hospital Department of Nutrition and Diet Dyt. Sinem ...