5 Myths And Facts About Infertility
People are very eager to talk about having children in almost every society. When this subject is broached immediately hearsay advice is spoken and shared.
Obstetrics and Gynecology Specialist Op. Betül Görgen listed the most talked-about legends and facts about infertility.
- MYTH: Infertility is a defect of the woman.
FACT: 1/3 of infertile cases are the male origin. The reasons for women and men are almost equal.
- MYTH: Everyone in my family is fertile, I can not have such a problem.
REALITY: Infertility is a much more common problem than you might think. An average of 7-8 pairs is having trouble with this issue.
- MYTH: Wait a year before you go to the doctor.
FACT: This does not apply to everyone. If you are over the age of 35, if you have irregular periods, and had operations before, you do not need to wait a year.
- MYTH: I do not have to worry about my eggs until the age of 40.
FACT: Especially after 35 Years wins this rate of decay in both number and quality.
- MYTH: If I ask so many questions to my doctor he/she may think I’m problematic.
FACT: Doctor and patient are like a team. Do not hesitate to ask questions about your treatment and your current situation.
Acıbadem Maslak Hospital Nutrition and Diet Specialist Özge Öçal listed the nutrients that should be considered in the fight against bre...
Memorial Antalya Hospital Infectious Diseases Department Specialist Dr. Şirin Elmi listed 8 situations that you should wash your hand.