20 Measures to Protect from Cancer
Memorial Ankara Hospital from Department of Nutrition and Diet Emine Yüzbaşıoğlu explained how to protect against cancer in 20 articles.
- The person should try to maintain the ideal weight.
- One-way feed should be avoided. Meat, milk, cereal, fruit-vegetable and fat should be consumed in appropriate amounts throughout the day from all food groups.
- 5 servings of fruit and 2 servings of vegetables should be taken a day.
- It is very important to take pulp for protection from cancer. For this reason, instead of white bread, rye, bran or whole wheat should be preferred. Fruits that can be eaten with their peels should be consumed without being peeled.
- In order to preserve the ideal weight, excessive consumption of sugar should be avoided.
- Baking or boiling should be preferred as a cooking method. The fries should be kept away, cooked without overcooking the food.
- It is important not to smoke and not to be in a smoking environment.
- Inactivity should be avoided and should increase daily physical activities. Sports for at least 2 days a week are important conditions for a healthy life.
- 2-2.5 liters of water a day should be consumed.
- Consumption of tea and coffee should be reduced. In the case of coffee, half-fat milk can be used instead of milk powder. Instead of high-sugar beverages such as acidic drinks, ready-made fruit juices, low-sugar compote, coffeehouse, freshly squeezed fruit juices can be served.
- Excessive alcohol intake should be avoided.
- Fish consumption is important 2 or 3 times a week to benefit from the positive effects of the omega-3 fatty acid.
- The consumption frequency of high nutrients such as broccoli, cauliflower, and cabbage should be increased.
- Clean water should be used when preparing and cleaning all kind of food.
- Frying oils should not be used repeatedly.
- Directly cooked food should be consumed at most a day a week.
- Daily salt consumption should be less than 5 grams. Consumption of salt-rich foods such as salted and pickles should be limited.
- Salami, sausages and smoked food groups should be kept as far away as possible.
- Consumption of 2 glasses of milk or yogurt is important during the day.
- Especially in the summer season, direct sunlight should be avoided.
The Turkish Red Crescent has taken an action to bind up wounds in Indonesia where there was a big earthquake and then tsunami on September 2...
Romanian Prime Minister Viorica Dancila who paid an official visit to Turkey, was greeted by Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, President of Turkey, in ...