20 Reasons To Walk
Since 1991, each year the first weekend of October is celebrated as the World Walking Day.
Üsküdar University, from the Faculty of Health Sciences, Department of Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation Lecturer Dr. Yıldız Erdoğanoğlu explained the effects of walking on health.
- You can walk everywhere, in any season and at different times of the day.
- Walking does not require complex equipment and you set the rules.
- You can walk both individually and with your friend.
- Walking makes your heart stronger, regulates your blood circulation. Your heart pumps more blood into your body tissues.
- Regular walking reduces the risk of heart disease from death by 40 percent.
- Strengthens your bones and prevents osteoporosis in old age.
- Walking reduces stress hormones such as adrenaline and cortisol.
- Accelerates your metabolism.
- If you make a lightweight jogging will improve your lung volume and enables you to breathe better.
- It increases your body resistance against infectious diseases such as colds.
- By walking, increased serotonin and endorphins give your body a happy posture.
- Naturally regulates your level of insulin. In a sense, this means natural satiety.
- If you walk regularly you sleep better, most importantly, your sleep quality increases.
- Your skin becomes more healthy.
- Regular walking, as it allows the release of natural chemicals that relieve pain, you will have fewer complaints such as a migraine or a headache.
- It helps weight control.
- It protects against dementia, depression, Alzheimer’s disease and improves your cognitive abilities.
- If you do light running, your red blood cell count will increase and your blood vessels become more elastic.
- Your liver removes waste products from your body more easily.
- If you do it regularly in the form of light jogging, your biological age is back up to 12 years.
The skin, the body’s largest organ, is an important barrier for the protection of the internal system. Anadolu Medical Center Dermatol...
İstanbul Airport which will be the world’s largest and most modern airport when completed with 6 independent airfield, 500 aircraft c...