6 Benefits of Watermelon
The benefits of watermelon are countless. Watermelon that is 50-60 calories of a serving gives both coolness in the summer and meets the need of sweet. However, the amount of watermelon should be taken depends on the sex, activity, health status, height and weight of the person.
Liv Hospital Diet and Nutrition Specialist Serap Güzel explained the benefits of the watermelon.
- It meets your daily fruit needs.
- It runs the intestines because it contains fiber.
- Because it contains water, it meets the need for liquid that we need to consume daily.
- Red fruits are high in anthocyanins and lycopene, and they are protective against heart disease, heart attack and some types of cancer (especially prostate).
- High in vitamin C and folic acid. Vitamin C is one of the best antioxidant vitamins to protect against diseases.
- Red fruits reduce inflammation and contain some flavonoids with antioxidant properties. For this reason, it has a protective effect against the diseases and strengthening of the immunity.
Medicana Bahçelievler Hospital Cardiology Specialist Assoc. Dr. Ayhan Olcay brought two new inventions to the health sector with a team of ...
Koç University Hospital has opened the Adult Congenital Heart Disease Center. At the center that was established under the leadership of Pr...