9 Causes of Colon Cancer
Memorial Hizmet Hospital General Surgery Department, Op. Dr. Tolga Aliyazıcıoğlu listed the causes that increase the risk of colon cancer.
- Age: The incidence of colon cancer, which can also be seen in younger ages, increases with age, especially since the age of 50.
- Nutrition: Low vegetative fiber and high-fat diet increase the risk of colon cancer.
- Previously known colon polyps: Patients who have previously undergone colonoscopy for colon polyp should definitely be checked at regular intervals.
- Inflammatory bowel disease: patients with ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease are at higher risk of developing colorectal cancer.
- Genetic factors: People with colon cancer in parents, siblings or children are at increased risk for colon cancer.
- Sedentary life: Living far away from physical activity increases the risk of cancer.
- Exposure to radiation: The risk is higher in patients receiving pelvic radiotherapy due to another disease (prostate cancer, cervical cancer, and vaginal cancer).
- Smoking and alcohol use: Cigarette and alcohol, which cause many illnesses, also trigger colon cancer.
- Obesity: Excess weight, which is one of the most important health problems of our age, can cause colon cancer as well as all types of cancer.
A healthy journey is crucial for a holiday not to turn into a nightmare. Liv Hospital Healthy Living and Checkup Clinic Lecturer Dr. Eren Er...
Memorial Bahçelievler Hospital Department of Nutrition and Diet Aslıhan Altuntaş mentioned the miracles of red plum. “Red plum is fight...