Chew Gum on Aircraft Trip
Ear problems are the most common problems on air travel. Acıbadem Taksim Hospital Ear, Nose, Throat Diseases Specialist Assist. Assoc. Ahmet Erdem Kılavuz said these about the subject.
- Ensure that your ears are opened by repeating the swallowing, chewing and yawing movements, especially on landing.
- Move your mouth muscles by chewing gum.
- Learn the maneuver known as Valsalva. Take a deep breath for this and try to give your breath by closing your mouth, your nose. Repeat this in succession, especially during landing, without forcing it.
- Try to sleep during the landing to reduce ear pain and make the necessary maneuvers.
- If you have a conical nasal obstruction and travel frequently, always consult the ENT specialist before the trip, take the necessary treatment.
- If you have to travel with upper respiratory tract infections such as influenza, colds, use medications that help to open the nose and forehead tubing prescribed by a specialist.
The skin, the body’s largest organ, is an important barrier for the protection of the internal system. Anadolu Medical Center Dermatol...
İstanbul Airport which will be the world’s largest and most modern airport when completed with 6 independent airfield, 500 aircraft c...