Don’t Inherit Your Genetic Diseases
If you know the presence of any disease or have any doubt in your genetic, it is possible to bring healthy babies with “Preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD)”.
Clinical Director of Ferte-Jin Women’s Health and IVF Center, Gynecology and IVF Specialist Op. Dr. Seval Taşdemir “The process of cleansing from some chromosomal diseases, immune system and Mediterranean anemia before the baby holds the womb, is called preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD). If there are genetic diseases in your family history and and if you have miscarriage for this reason, after PGD you can bring healthy babies with in vitro fertilization.”said.
Taşdemir listed the advantages of genetic diagnosis as follows;
- Having healthy children is provided.
- Remaining from medical and psychological trauma depending on pregnancy termination.
- In diseases such as Mediterranean anemia, baby that will born with tissue typing provides treatment for sick children.
- When compaired with encountering lifelong health problems of the people, treatments and their costs it is a much more useful and inexpensive diagnostic method.
- In this process that is made from single blastomere in the embryonic stage, margin of error is about 2 percent.
The skin, the body’s largest organ, is an important barrier for the protection of the internal system. Anadolu Medical Center Dermatol...
İstanbul Airport which will be the world’s largest and most modern airport when completed with 6 independent airfield, 500 aircraft c...