Harmful Bacteria Can Compromise Your Baby’s Health
Memorial Ankara Hospital Obstetrics and Gynecology Department Op. Dr. Başak Ovayurt Öndeş warned pregnant against some bacteria such as Salmonella, E. coli, listeria, toxoplasma and listed the necessary precautions to take.
- Raw or undercooked meat, eggs, seafood must never be eaten. Absolutely meat, beef, poultry, and eggs must cook very well.
- Raw products such as fruit and vegetables should be washed under running water.
- Raw milk and products made from raw milk should not be used. Absolutely pasteurized milk and dairy products made of cheese, yogurt should be consumed.
- Cold smoked seafood should not be eaten.
- Sausage, salami, uncooked cold meat, goose liver should not be consumed.
- Heavy metal and mercury levels are more common in long-lived fish living in deep seas, fed by eating small fishes. Examples of these creatures are mackerel, swordfish, and tuna fish. The mussels are among the seafood that should not be consumed in pregnancy. Fish containing less mercury can be consumed once a week. These are fish such as loupe, ocean bream, tranquil, gilthead seabream, tuna fish, salmon.
A healthy journey is crucial for a holiday not to turn into a nightmare. Liv Hospital Healthy Living and Checkup Clinic Lecturer Dr. Eren Er...
Memorial Bahçelievler Hospital Department of Nutrition and Diet Aslıhan Altuntaş mentioned the miracles of red plum. “Red plum is fight...