Hidden Danger; Cholesterol in Children
Many parents do not know what cholesterol means for their children. However, high cholesterol levels are the leading cause of cardiovascular disease. Liv Hospital Child Health and Disease Specialist Dr. Seza Baykan told what needs to be done.
- Should be fed rich in fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
- For protein, lean meat, skinned poultry meat, fish, legumes should be consumed.
- Oil-free or low-fat dairy products should be consumed.
- Do not use margarine, use olive oil.
- Should be avoided from sugar-added food and drink.
- Children should have at least 1 hour of physical activity per day especially hiking, running, cycling, swimming. Exercise HDL levels should be increased.
- Children with cholesterol levels> 129 mg/dl should be encouraged to take cholesterol-lowering diets and encourage physical activity-enhancing sports programs, and cholesterol levels should be measured again after 3-6 months.
Did you know that we need to change our sunglasses at regular intervals? From Yale School of Medicine Ophthalmology Department Associate Pro...
Acıbadem Altunizade Hospital Bone Marrow Transplant Expert Hematology Science Expert and Acıbadem Labcell Cell Laboratory Director Prof. D...