LIBA was founded in 1945, receiving its name from its two founders, names: Lale and Necip Barlas. Lale Barlas was one of the first women pharmacists in Turkey, also teaching chemistry; Necip Barlas was a businessman, having studied economics.
They began their enterprise by making “cold tissues” in their apartment. LIBA diversified its spectrum of products, and moved to Provayans Han in Tahtakale in 1946, then to Karaköy Perşembe Pazarı in 1948. In 1966 it received its status as an Incorporated Company, becoming LIBA Laboratories Inc. The company then moved to Ortaköy Palanga Cad. in 1972, where it thrived for 22 years, and finally moved to its current building in Kavacık.