Iodine Deficiency In Pregnancy
Necessity of iodine is much more than at other times during pregnancy. KadıköyŞifa Ataşehir Hospital Obstetrics and Gynecology Specialist Op. Dr. Birgül Karakoç warned that it could be very dangerous for both mother and baby if iodine deficiency is not eliminate.
Iodine located in milk and dairy products, eggs, vegetables, seafood (particularly of the ocean and sea salt products) and yeast. The amount of iodine in foods varies depending on the region’s water and soil.
Pregnants need 220 microgram iodine and breast feeding women need 290 microgram iodine a day.
- 1 gram of iodized salt 77 mcg
- 1 cup low-fat yogurt 87mcg
- 80g cod fish 99 mcg
- 1 tablespoon of seaweed 82 mcg
- 80 grams shrimp 35 mcg
- 80 grams of canned tuna 17 mcg
- 80 grams of cooked duck breast 34 mcg
- 1 cup milk 56 mcg
- 40 grams of mozzarella cheese 20 mcg
- 1 medium crusted potato 60 mcg
- A half bowl of strawberries 6 mcg
- A half plate of baked beans 32 mcg
- 1 large egg 29 mcg
The skin, the body’s largest organ, is an important barrier for the protection of the internal system. Anadolu Medical Center Dermatol...
İstanbul Airport which will be the world’s largest and most modern airport when completed with 6 independent airfield, 500 aircraft c...