Is it Possible to Prevent Diabetes?
Medistate Kavacık Hospital Endocrinology and Metabolic Diseases Specialist Assoc. Dr. Başak Karbek Bayraktar outlined measures to be taken for type 2 diabetes.
- Appropriate body weight should be targeted and this weight should be prevented.
- Have an adequate and balanced diet; at least 5 days (five) servings of vegetables and fruit should be consumed.
- 25-30% of daily energy should be provided from oils, the ratio of saturated fatty acids from the energy must be below 10%.
- Simple carbohydrates such as sugar daily energy ≤ 10% should not be exceeded, legumes and whole grain products should be prefered rather than simple carbohydrates.
- The daily amount of salt should not be exceeded 5 grams.
- Avoid smoking and excessive alcohol consumption.
The skin, the body’s largest organ, is an important barrier for the protection of the internal system. Anadolu Medical Center Dermatol...
İstanbul Airport which will be the world’s largest and most modern airport when completed with 6 independent airfield, 500 aircraft c...