Nutritional Advice Against Depression
Medical Park Hospital Nutrition and Diet Expert Merve Gülünay gave nutritional advice against depression.
- Consume foods that contain serotonin and tryptophan.
- Consume bread with germ, whole wheat flour, whole grain bread.
- Feed rich in vitamin C to protect illness and improve the state of mental.
- Consume foods rich in magnesium like banana. Beacuse magnesium intake reduces the symptoms like weakness, fatigue and depression by loosening the muscles.
- Add flaxseed to your soap, yogurt and salads. Flaxseed will help to improve mental state.
- Make sure your daily intake of milk and dairy products. The calcium content of dairy products is also effective in reducing depression.
- Before going to bed at night drink tea that soothes your mood like chamomile, fennel.
- Avoid from making low carbohydrate diets. Because inadequate intake of carbohydrates also predispose to depression.
- Consume legumes like corn, barley, oats. These foods help to increase the tryptophan level in the blood.
- Consume dried fruits rich in tryptophan like almond, nut as a snack with considering the amount will help to reduce depression.
- Absolutely eat eggs every day or every other day and make sure to be well cooked in order to protect against infections.
- Consume green leafy vegetables in your daily diet.
The skin, the body’s largest organ, is an important barrier for the protection of the internal system. Anadolu Medical Center Dermatol...
İstanbul Airport which will be the world’s largest and most modern airport when completed with 6 independent airfield, 500 aircraft c...