Sleep Apnea Can Be Treated With Robotic Surgery
In recent years, patients with obstructive sleep apnea have had successful results with multi-level robotic sleep apnea surgery said Prof. Dr. Fatma Tülin Kayhan from Memorial Hizmet Hospital, Ear Nose Throat Department. She listed the advantages of a robotic surgeon as follows.
- With robotic surgery, the upper part of the larynx and tongue root which the open or endoscopic surgical instruments cannot reach and can not be seen, is easily reached.
- With the 5-millimeter tip of the robot, necessary surgical procedures can be performed in this region.
- These tips that are attached to the arms of the robot stimulate the wrist. It has the ability to move in 7 more planes than the wrist, it can bend. Hand tremors are prevented by the robot.
- The robot provides 3-D and 16 times magnification. With this view superiority, the tissues look better, removal, vascular and nerve preservation, suturing and bleeding control are done better.
- The surgeries can be performed without the need to drill the respiratory tract, which is called tracheotomy.
- With robotic surgery, even very advanced obstructive sleep apnea patients can be treated by intervention.
Centrum Clinic Women Health and IVF Center, Gynecology and Obstetrics Specialist Assoc. Dr. Emre Pabuçcu said that cryotechnology opened a ...
Estetik International Hair Transplantation Center told about organic hair transplantation that facilitates hair transplantation process and ...